Nature of the mind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
View user profilehttps://natureofthemind.forumattivo.com

look at the vision Empty look at the vision

Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 am
It's few days that when I seat and I look at the vision  unusual immages appear:  faces, bas-reliefs, animals. I don't care, they dissolve, but I have the feeling that come from a memory in somewhere. Something old. What is very interesting to me is  to observe how the immages emerge sometime without any apparent logic origin. Absolutely like in the dream. The same.
Freud  says that they follow the mechanism of the free association, and Young adds that there is a reservoir, a collective unconscious , from where they come. This is the Karma.  I understand that is true.  But is  the unlogic association  and the dissolution   that it's very funny to me. A very deep experience that shows that all our thoughts are not so serious and consistent. To be honest, there is'nt any thought that deserve to be remebered. This point is very and very important to deeply understand; should be consider in life and after dead too.
View user profile

look at the vision Empty Re: look at the vision

Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:47 pm
Yes, I've also had versions of this this at times. Different intensity depending on eyes open or closed, how tired I am, etc. I know one guy very into lucid dreaming who can be aware of his nightly dream continuing in the background of his mind even hours after he wakes up and he can watch it if he chooses. He's fairly certain that we all always have a background dream going on but many of us tune out the vision of it or aren't sensitive to it. To some degree I would second that, and say there's an interplay maybe even between the background dream, the direct visions we have, and our emotional state. There's also a good book Liminal Dreaming by Jennifer Dumpert. She talks about the shift in her practice from lucid dreaming to instead focusing on the dreams we have during hypnagogia and hypnopompia. She also talks about the ability to shift or drop into seeing these types of visions at any time. She puts it forward as a way to generate creative solutions, explore our unconscious, work through things, etc.

"To be honest, there is'nt any thought that deserve to be remebered."
First, let me say I have wrestled a bit with this even in terms of dreams. For almost all my life I could never remember any dreams. Up until 2 years ago I had maybe remembered a total of 5 dreams over the course of my entire life. But starting 2 years ago I became very interested in lucid dreaming as a way to understand myself and this reality. To succeed, many explained to me that it was important for me to start remembering my dreams, build a connection to my unconscious, give that part of my life (8 hrs a night sleeping) more attention. Also it was clear to me that having a lucid dream would be somewhat lost on me if I didn't even remember having it. So I worked hard on dream journaling and got to a point now where I remember 3-5 dream scenes almost every night, and have around 2 lucid dreams (though very short) a month.

But I've also gotten decent at seeing what it was that created the dream. I can pinpoint the various conversations, events, odd visions, etc. in my day that came together (and with what associations I have) to form the given dream, or at least parts of it. For me and my dreams at least, once you understand it on that level, and see their source, although the dreams may be entertaining, they don't have such a deep meaning or importance. This or that happened or appeared in them because this or that other thing happened during my day. So on one hand it feels like a waste of time to record these dreams. But still on the other hand I know that to continue this path I need to not only continue recording them, but dive deeper into them.

With thoughts, I find myself in the exact same situation. If I'm watching carefully, I can often see what circumstances and associations came together to generate a thought, and I can smile at how random and silly so many of them are. So on one hand I easily agree to not take them seriously and not hold on to them in any way. On the other hand, I want to dive deeper into them, just like my dreams, because I see at least some of them as an interesting echo of my unconscious and my reality.

-Bob
Admin

Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:35 pm
I dream a lot, and also since I was 6/7 years old I could decide what to dream. Before to fall asleep I used to immagine something and later I had the dream. And I can also close the eyes, start to dream and sleep for 5 minuts or less. But I can't have lucid dreams, I will do the course with Rimpoche.
View user profile

Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:04 am
Ah, you can decide what to dream! Amazing! If you have strong control there you can have some real fun, and maybe a very easy path to lucid dreaming if you are interested. So of course there are so many ways but one is this idea of doing a reality check in the dream. You see if words change when you look away then look back. Or you pinch your nose closed and try to breathe through it. Or looking at your hands. Etc. If one fails of course you may still be dreaming. But if it works, you're certainly dreaming. So you have even some people doing these often during the day hoping they will out of habit do them during their dreams, and voila, they realize they are dreaming. Of course reality checks are only one of many many ways, but I mention it since it pairs with your ability perfectly:

The simplest may be to deeply associate some particular object with dreaming. You must vow that whenever you see this object you will check if you are dreaming, even when you are absolutely positive that you are awake. You vow you will always check if you are dreaming should you ever see this object. You will not allow yourself to immediately dismiss the possibility. Then, you create a dream where this object cannot be missed, you cannot avoid it. You see your object in the dream and then check if you are dreaming, even while thinking this is ridiculous and a waste of time, but you will do it just so you can later post and tell me this doesn't work. But, to your utter astonishment, you will realize you are dreaming! And then!

I know many other people also with good control of what they dream, so, one guy I know he creates a scene whereby there is no way for him not to realize he is dreaming. For example, he dreams of a simple room, but with no door. In this room he places one or two of his very good friends. He gives them what to say in his dream. In his case they ask him if this is a dream (not tell, since he might argue with them, they only ask, but persistently). So he proceeds to check in the ways he knows how, and eventually voila. Since the situation is so odd sometimes he will realize even before testing anything. At this point, in full knowledge that he is dreaming, he decides what he wishes to be outside the room, turns around to see a door that wasn't there before, opens it, and whatever or whoever he wanted to see, is through the door.

You have to please try this and report back. If you have some limitations to what you can decide to dream I am still sure we can work around those. Of course, yes, Rinpoche's class is good, he will teach the classic Tibetan methods, various visualizations, etc. For some people they work amazing. He will also give the Bon Tibetan context for doing it, classic Tibetan things to do while lucid, and how it all can integrate with your life. He will teach how we should aim to be aware in vision, to be aware in action, to be aware in dream, to be aware in death. But, if you have the time and energy, if you can gain some skill in it before even taking the course, you can go much further during the course. Of course you can still learn a lot even without any lucid dreams during the course, so I recommend it in all cases.

And of course you don't have to try anything I've mentioned. This is just a topic I have a lot of excitement about and like to share. Imagine standing beside a building, feeling the texture of the warm bricks in the sun, hitting it with your hand, completely solid, painful even. And then just walking through it as if it isn't there at all.
Admin

Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:49 am
This sounds very intersting. I must definitely do the rimpoche course. I learned to decide what to dream when I was very young, but I had very interesting experiences in the dreams. For example I dream an object and the day after a person offers to me the same object for sale or as a present. I see the future related to objects. I play the violin and I'm a violin maker too. So it happened that I dreamed that a person offers to me for sale a violin. In the dream I say that needs some specific restaurations. The day after a collegue call me offering for sale the some violin, exactly the same I have dreamed needing the some restaurations. It happened to me many times , even with valuable object I recived as gift. That reinforce the idea that everything is an illusion!

For sure in some specific conditions what we think, happeneds.

Admin

look at the vision Empty looking deeply

Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:36 am
Good morning my Friend,

this morning, as always I did my practice.
As always I have some emotional problems to face at.

So I started to look at the vision.

Many things have appeared, many small black and white cubes, a thousand things. While I was watching them amused an intuition appeared. This is the natural radiance of emptiness, which all produces. Incessantly. And so I found myself in a state of subtle and very pleasant serenity, radiant. I then walked into the garden so happy, present, whole and intact.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum