Nature of the mind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bobparadiso

Running_____ Empty Running_____

Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:22 am
Almost every weekend, if the weather is not too bad, I go for a run for 30-45 min. I'm not a very serious runner, I don't love running, I do it somewhat as an obligation like brushing teeth. I don't push myself very hard, but hard enough that if I'm not careful, I can spend the whole time waiting for it to be over. Until recently...

There's lots of things you can do while running, especially if you don't enjoy it and your mind would rather be somewhere else. You can plan some other part of your day, think about some problem, maybe listen to music, or continuously think about how much further you have to go until this is finally over. But recently during my runs, instead I've been playing with the 3 doors (stillness, silence, spaciousness), dissolving, and witnessing. Some interesting things can happen.

I've had entire runs where my body was working hard, and normally I'd be internally complaining or wishing it was over, but instead the entire time I just watched the sensation of it all. Sometimes there was something like detachment and I didn't mind the running at all, I felt like I could do it forever. It just was what it was. Other times, thoughts would arise as they used to about how it's too hard, but I saw them kind of like someone else complaining, not me. I was just fine. It was like the thought itself was having a hard time with the run, but for me there was no problem.

I've been finding this interesting, and kinda fun.

Best,
Bob
Luke P

Running_____ Empty Re: Running_____

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:28 am
Hi Bob I understand , because my experience sometimes is the same when I work out , as I do it at home , it is very hard sometimes to have the energy for facing them up , and while I’m doing them mind can be very active with thoughts , therefore I try to stay more focused on the door of the body and speech in trying to breathe out the tension from the body and the voices in my head from the throat area, and that works to help me out during the work out
bobparadiso

Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Hi Luke, that's really cool to hear how that's working for you! Thanks for sharing, I often forget about focusing on specific energy centers like the throat area. I have wondered what makes different areas really work, whether there is a real energetic connection, or a deep wiring in our mind we've inherited from our ancestors, or if simply the act of choosing a concrete and meaningful point of focus. At any rate, I have experienced myself and know many others have the power of this. I have only done the Tsa Lung exercises on Ligmincha's site a few times, but when I've needed them and I have done them, they create a very powerful and helpful experience. I have also felt very good doing the Nine Breathings, especially the part at the end of an out breath where you give it an extra final push. Even if it's only a gesture, my mind at least picks up on it and responds.

I want to mention, time of day makes a big difference for me with all these practices. It has been mentioned before, but I really noticed it yesterday when I went for my weekly run midday instead of the morning. My mind was much more active and I was lost for longer periods of time before catching it. Such a big difference between the morning where I've learned to delay my planning, scheming mind, as compared to later in the day where I've been wrapped up in work projects, family needs, and other things for some hours already.

Best,
Bob
Admin
Admin
https://natureofthemind.forumattivo.com

Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:39 pm
As far I have understood, i move the lung with the attention. If i put attention to one object, prana and mind go here.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum