Nature of the mind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bobparadiso

The Cage And The Prisoner Empty The Cage And The Prisoner

Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:02 pm
In my own direct experience, this is what I have seen about myself:

For my cravings, desires, aversion, grasping, struggle, suffering, attachment:
They are not a reaction or result of some problem, or some thing or freedom that I've lost.
These arising thoughts are themselves both the cage and the prisoner.
By reifying them, a cage seems to manifest. By identifying with them, a prisoner seems to manifest.

I say this not as a philosophy or intellectual exercise. I mean it is my bare experience if I look closely enough as it's happening.
In my experience, this apparent crystallization depends on attachment and lack of awareness of the process as it's happening.
Without any grasping, aversion, or ignoring:
May it all be released!
bobparadiso

The Cage And The Prisoner Empty Re: The Cage And The Prisoner

Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:10 pm
And please never forget what Thiago wrote, after having struggled with cannabis addiction for 20 years prior to our class together:
The fact is, over all the years I've looked at cannabis as a big external problem, and I've never noticed this “smoker” in me. But, upon hearing the teaching, looking naked to this situation, I instantly understood that there was no addiction and no addict. I understood that this problem was 'empty'. So, instantly, I simply took all the cannabis I had at home and got rid of it, without any feeling of aversion or attachment. I just let go.

His story was one of the great miracles of the class for me.
marijke moers

The Cage And The Prisoner Empty The cage and the prisoner

Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Hello Bob,
I was impressed by what Thiago wrote and experienced and I am also impressed by what you wrote about your direct experience! Thank you very much for sharing!
Marijke
Admin
Admin
https://natureofthemind.forumattivo.com

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:20 am
Thanks for sharing, but Who Is Thiago?
bobparadiso

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:54 am
Thiago was a member of our Fivefold Teachings class. At one point he posted his story in the class forum to sincerely thank Rinpoche.
He had been seriously addicted for 20 years, the last 10 of which he was trying to quit without success.This apparently had taken quite a toll on his life and he got to a desperate place.
But then, hearing and applying the teachings, he was completely free of it. His post showed a deep sincerity and gratitude.
Admin
Admin
https://natureofthemind.forumattivo.com

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:41 pm
Yes,now i remeber!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum